I recently encountered an issue with Power BI that many others may need help with. It’s been a while since I created a report using a Power BI desktop. I created a new report and got the data from another Power BI data set. My purpose was to export the data to Microsoft Lists. When I tried to access my published reports, I received a frustrating error message: ‘Cannot load model.’ This problem also affected previously created reports I created a while ago.
After some research and troubleshooting, I found a solution to this issue, which I’d like to share.
When opening a Power BI report in the browser, you may encounter the error message:
Or there will be a prompt in the report:
To resolve this issue, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your workspace and select the data set created.
- Select the ‘…’ then Settings.
In the Datasets, you will see all the data sources under the Data source credentials.
- Edit the credentials of all the data sources. Leave the authentication method by default and privacy settings. Select Sign In.
- It will prompt the sign-in dialog box and sign in using your credentials.
- After updating your credentials, refresh your reports.
You can find additional information and a detailed explanation about this problem.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance. Happy building 🙂